Wednesday, February 17, 2010

MEL and Max Rigs

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Thats right, I was switchin it up. MaxScript is so damn useful but I didnt really know too much about MEL so I dusted off the ol' books and started crankin' out some code!

As an animator, I dont exactly have a degree in C# or shader programming, but I figure if you know what you are dealing with, you can be that much better.


I also played with this guy a bit.

I mostly was dissecting his rig and seeing what makes him tick though as I got into it I decided to make a quick animation with him. Ill be doing that today.

If you are interested in the rig I found it here.
The author of this character is Josh Burton.


However all that rigging and coding got me all sorts of amped to animate something. Sooooo...I did this:



This is Guirrero. Created by John Martini.

I am in the process of rigging this one (as you can see the fingers still need better skinning), though felt obligated to get this guy running around (literally) so John could see his boy in action. I'll finish it soon dood! I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment